POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code : Re: Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Oriented POV code
From: Andreas Kaiser
Date: 17 Feb 2004 23:55:00
Message: <rhp5301kh5ji7gtjk9tvljodi9cpi80hge@4ax.com>
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:18:02 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Dan P wrote:
>
>> After you parse the double-negative, he's actually saying the opposite --
>> that everybody would find it, at very least, interesting.
>
>Not me. It would add another layer of complexity that I don't want to have
>to bother to learn. OO is for programming not a scene description language.
>If I wanted to learn programming I would do that rather than using POV-Ray.

(Also at the risk that I'm again number one of your list)
If you use POV-Ray and write the scenes yourself (without a modeler)
there is no difference to 'programming'.
POV-Ray is just an interpreter to translate SDL to a binary image.
SDL is rather close to a subset of C, I always wonder whether the
deviations are unfortunate coincidences.
At least inheritance (of textures, objects, ...) is an OO feature of
POV-Ray's SDL.

--
Andreas